Bald Head Island, NC, is a gem set in the chain of the Brunswick Islands near the mouth of the Cape Fear River and offers fantastic views and areas to explore. Bald Head Island NC homes for sale come at a premium because they capture the beauty and elegance of Southern Living at its best in an environmentally friendly location.
With only a ferry or private boat providing access to the island, you can enjoy fresh, clean, ocean air all the time. Transportation around the island is on foot, by bicycle or with an electric golf cart. Explore the sand dunes, salt marshes, turtle nesting sites and even Old Baldy, the oldest standing light house in North Carolina.
Why Bald Head Island, NC, homes for sale make a great investment
Virtually any island property can be a terrific investment but what sets Bald Head Island apart from the rest is the warm, Southern feeling and laid-back lifestyle. There are many different properties from which to choose, depending on your budget.
- Individual homes from one to six bedrooms
- Upscale condominiums
- Ocean front, river front or in town
The amenities can’t be beat
Most of the island’s rentals come fully equipped with entertainment centers featuring a dvd and possibly a video or book library, and a fully equipped kitchen along with a washer and dryer. In many cases, the rental fee covers full access to two of the island’s clubs and even one electric golf cart to get around.
Of course, some of the properties come with a dock right out in front so guests with boats will have no trouble finding a place to moor and there is plenty of space at the marina to accommodate inland homes or to rent boats, paddle boards, kayaks and other water sport equipment.
There are some issues to consider before making such an important purchase
Because Bald Head Island, NC, homes for sale represent the best of the best, you will find that prices are higher than at other locations and that has a trickle-down effect on other costs.
- Monthly bills such as taxes will be higher because of the increased value of the property. There will also be advertising and marketing expenses to ensure that your property stays occupied. Many of these expenses are deductible so talk to your financial or tax professional.
- Insurance rates will be higher because of the location and the potential for storm damage. These higher rates also take into account the damage tenants may cause.
- Unless you live nearby and can monitor and maintain the property, you will also have to consider hiring a property management company. This service ensures that the house is well-maintained and any issues that arise with appliances, heating or air conditioning or electricity and plumbing can be addressed quickly and easily.
Trust the professionals
Contact David Benford Real Estate for the best advice about purchasing any one of the Bald Head Island, NC, homes for sale. His many years of experience and personal knowledge of the area are your best guides to finding the investment opportunity perfect for you.